All about the Environment!
On Friday the 5th of June we celebrate World Environment Day. The theme this year is Biodiversity. Biodiversity refers to all the variety of life that can be found on Earth, such as plants, animals, humans and many more.
There are many ways we can help with Biodiversity and with the Environment. Any little step we take to improve the environment is a step in the right direction. I have listed below many ways we can contribute to protect biodiversity and the environment.
- Use as little plastic as possible. Ways to so this is by using reusable shopping bags, water bottles, plastic packaging etc.
- Save electricity! Turn off the lights when you leave the room, plug out appliances and turn off the switches.
- To help biodiversity cut back on using harmful products on your lawn area, try and use one that is organic or one that doesn't contain many chemicals.
- Plant flowers in your garden, anything that will attract the bee's and allow them to pollinate! This is something that could bring hours of fun!
- Climate change has a huge impact on biodiversity, so the less carbon footprint you leave the better! Try and walk more places if you can!
Every little bit that you do, can help our environment.