Vienna Woods Hotel has made it part of our mission to take all the potential negative effects on the environment into all the activities of our business as we know it can have serious implications on the environment. We strive to improve our environmental practices in all the areas we can. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact through better efficiencies in the use of energy and the minimisation of waste, packaging and water usage.
We will continue to:
- Use low energy light bulbs all over the hotel.
- Monitor our energy consumption of gas, electricity and water.
- Use electronic mail where possible to reduce the use of paper.
- Turn off unnecessary lights and taps.
- Buy in bulk.
- Separate out rubbish.
- Use glass bottles and use our own mineral water.
- We only give one key-card per bedroom as people often forget to turn off the lights.
- Use of biodegradable straws in our bar.
- Our head chef continously reviews our menus to avoid food waste and is conscious of how much he orders and prepares.