Golfing in Cork has become a widely popular sport. From crazy golf to mini-golf, we’re going to list off a few places in Cork where you can find it all.
Crazy Golf, Mini Golf, and Pitch & Put
1. Airtastic Entertainment Centre – just a 10-minute drive
2. Balinlough Pitch & Putt Club -19-minute drive
3. Castlelyons Pitch & Put – 25-minute drive
4. Trabolgen – 31 minutes
5. Smugglers Cove – 1 hour 10 minutes
Cork Golf Clubs
1. Cork Golf Club – 10 minute-drive
2. Mahon Golf Course (Cúrsa Gailf Mahon) – 16-minute drive
3. Douglas Golf Club – 16-minute drive
4. Cobh Golf Club – 17 minute drive
5. Muskerry Golf Club – 25 minute drive
Did you know that Golf was invented in Scotland? And between the years of 1457 and 1744, it was banned three times because the Government thought that it was interfering with military training! During the early days of golf, golf balls were made of feathers and leather. Not the most reliable ball for a game of golf!